Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of questions that are typically asked of by the applicants.
(1) How long is the programme?
2 ½ Years (Part-time), weekend classes
(2) When does the programme start?
March, July & November of each year.
(3) Is the programme accredited?
Yes. MSU's MBA Programme is accredited by the following:
a. Ministry of Higher Education (Under Private University)
b. FULLY Accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) (Formerly known as LAN - Lembaga Akreditasi Nasional)
c. Jabatan Perkhimatan Awam (JPA)
(4) What is the class size?
(5) Where are the classes going to be held?
Graduate School of Management (GSM) at Level 4, Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur. Easy accessible.
(1) What are the admission requirements for the MSU's MBA Programme?
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualifications from a recognised university as approved by the Senate of MSU and two (2) years work experiences. For full-time MBA students, working experience is not required.
(2) Will I be offered admission to MSU's MBA Programme if I meet the minimum requirements?
Meeting the minimum requirements is enough to warrant consideration of your application, but does not guarantee admission. You may request to attend an admission interview if necessary.
(3) How do I apply for the programme?
Fill in the following forms:
(a) Application of Admission form
(b) Two (2) Reference Forms from two (2) different Referees
Send the above forms to us together with the following supporting documents:
(a) A photocopy of Identity Card (I/C) (Front & Back)
(b) A certified true copy of Bacelor's Degree Certificate
(c) A certified true copy of Academic Transcripts
(d) Application Fee of RM40.00 for Malaysian students or USD40.00/RM160 for international students by cheque, bank draft or WangPos made payable to "MSU Holdings Sdn. Bhd." Please do not send cash.
(4) I have a Master's or PhD degree...Will that give me an advantage in my application?
Possessing a Master's or PhD will give you an advantage. Please contact us for details.
(5) Is there an application closing date?
Yes. The closing date for Malaysian students/applicants is 2 weeks before the intake date and for International Student is three (3) months.
(6) Is there an application fee?
Yes. The application fee is RM40.00 for Malaysian students; and USD40.00/ RM160 for international students. Fees paid are non-refundable.
(7) I've never taken any business courses before. Should I do so before applying?
It is not necessary to do so. We will teach you everything you need to know!
(8) Can the work experience requirement be waived in any circumstances?
For part-time students, we will not make exceptions to this requirement. Students benefit as much as from sharing each other's considerable experiences in the workplace as they do from the instructors.
(9) What kind of work experience is required?
There is no specific kind of work experience required. Please note that some management level of experiences may require.
(10) Are interviews mandatory?
Yes. Candidate is required to attend admissions interview with MSU or related panels. It depends on individual application.
(11) When will I hear if I have been accepted?
You may expect to wait at least one week after submitting the application form & all supporting documents of your complete admission file before receiving a response from GSM.
Fees & Financing
(1) How much does the programme cost?
For Malaysian Students: RM2,800 (Registration fee) + (RM1,300 x 14 modules) = RM21,000
For international students: RM8,800 (Registration fee) + RM18,200 (Tuition fees) = RM27,000
** Besides the fees payable to MSU, international student should also budget for the fees for VISA processing fee, Student Pass fee, accommodation, transportation, food and other miscellaneous cost.
(2) What financing options are available to me?
For self-sponsored Malaysian students, you may withdraw from your EPF Account II. For Bumiputra applicants, you may consider for MARA Sponsorship (under "Program Pembangunan Usahawan"). Terms & conditions apply. For details, please see us during preview.
(3) Are there any scholarships available?
Yes. Please send in your application form to us. We will evaluate your academic qualifications and advise you on the amount of scholarship that you will be getting.
All the above information are subject to change without prior notice.